Engagement parties are the first of many parties you will throw or have thrown for you this year. To help you jump start your planning process, here are 25 engagement party ideas so you can get to the champagne popping faster!
Engagement Party Themes
Engagement parties are all about celebration and joy. Pick a theme that helps your guests become as excited and full of love as you are!
1. Vintage Ice Cream Parlor. Go way back when to romance was sharing a milkshake on a Friday night.
2. Backyard Picnic. Think twinkle lights, campfires, and gooey s’mores.
3. Colorful Carnival. Let your guests eat cotton candy and share the sweetness of your engagement.
Image via greenweddingshoes.com
4. Mexican Fiesta. Nothing says let’s get this party started like margaritas and a piñata.
5. Beach Bound Lobster Bake. Relax on the beach one more time before the planning craze starts.
image via breamcdonaldblog.com
6. Elegant Wine Tasting. Cheese and crackers while sipping away at a local winery is a great night out for both you and your guests.
image via alchemyfineevents.com
Engagement Party Favors and Food
Is it a favor? Or a snack? These delectable edibles can pose as either or – you choose.
7. Proposal Cookies. Provide guests the opportunity to ask about the big question. These proposal cookies will spark conversation about that romantic moment when your future husband got down on one knee.
image via sugarysweetcookies.bigcartel.com
8. He “Popped” the Question Popcorn. This is so cute and perfect for a carnival, vintage, backyard, or movie themed engagement parties.
9. Donut Engagement Rings. The next twelve months will be full of everything diamond shaped. Might as well start with dessert….or brunch.
10. Caviar Cracker Engagement Rings. Couples throwing swanky cocktail parties will love this themed snack.
image via marthastewartweddings.com
11. Diamond Shaped Cupcake Toppers. Just in case the donuts and caviar weren’t your thing, these cupcake toppers should hit your sweet spot.
available on etsy via ThroughThickandThin
Engagement Party Refreshments
Brunch parties are perfect for a bubbly mimosa bar or for evening fetes try themed cocktails.
12. Love Cocktails. Custom cocktails aren’t just for the wedding day. Click for recipes of the sweetheart, love letter, or ever after.
13. Bubbly Bar. Think mimosas at brunch, champagne cocktails for evening, or little favor bottles any time, any day.
Engagement Party Games
14. Backyard Twister. Spray paint your lawn in circles and get all tangled up with your friends.
image via blog.servusversus.com
15. Write a Wedding Vow. When guests enter, ask each couple to write a wedding vow to help you both brainstorm that emotional speech.
Engagement Party Invitations
16. I DO BBQ. Perfect for Texan themes, and backyard picnics!
available on etsy via NineEighteen
17. “She Said Yes” in glitter and blush. These exquisite invites are perfect for the “blushing” bride and so on trend!
available on etsy via digibuddhaPaperie
Engagement Party Decorations
18. Pictures showcase your relationship from its inception through the engagement. Hang them at the entrance, attached them to balloons, make table runners, and use them as centerpieces. This is a DIY bride’s haven!
19. Ombre is trendy and gorgeous for engagement parties. As two people combine their lives together, so do the colors in these gorgeous decorations (and cake!)
20. Save the date drink stirs are a fun way to let guests know that you’ve already set the date!
available on etsy via SomethingwithLove
21. Truly madly deeply wedding signs are so sweet and romantic. Hang them behind the bar or sweets table.
image via interior-homedecoration.com
22. Diamond ring straws are perfect if you want to incorporate them into a theme with the cupcake toppers or donut rings.
available on etsy via PaperTrailbyLauraB
23. The color of the year is radiant orchid. It’s a romantic and whimsical color for an engagement party. Gorgeous when combined with an ombre theme.
24. Patterned tablecloths will add festivity to your space without costing a ton of money.
25. Hanging decorations like lanterns, or tree branches will elevate the level of sophistication in your event space.